11.10.10

A post for Brooke

Where do I begin?  My photographic journey began on a trip with my family to pick up my brother Casey from his mission in Canada.  I was around 16 years old and it was one of my family's first real vacations together and I couldn't get enough of all the new sites to see and beautiful scenery, that I became obsessed with my camera.  From then on there was college, a month trip to Europe, a weeklong cruise, lots of other little vacations, as well as taking engagements, children, and family pictures for family and friends.  All the while, my bank account funds were dwindling as I had to buy so much film to keep up with my hobby and my shelves were filling with photo albums after photo albums.  A few years ago, I bought a digital SLR and my love affair with photography has came on full force.  


While I am mostly self taught, I have taken a few classes here and there, but already I have learned more of the technical side of photography with one class from Brooke Snow, than I have with other "master photographers" who have a hard time seeing past themselves and their work to really want to help and teach others.  I have loved her Basic Photography class so far and I would love to receive the scholarship she is offering for the Advanced Pro Crash Course workshop she is putting on.  A chance to work hands on in a group setting with models and bad lighting to problem shoot, is just what I need in this phase of my photography journey.  I have never heard of a big class like this that specifically deals hands on with subjects, posing, lighting, and tips for working with children before.  It is a class with information that is so vital!  Photography is not just about knowing and understanding your camera, but about seeing your clients as people with passions and hobbies and creating memories and pictures that depict their experience in life.


There is so much more to learn and that is offered with this Advanced Pro Class.  Brooke, if you are reading this, I would love the opportunity to learn more from you!  Either way, thank so much for teaching and sharing your passion with others!

**Why did I write this post?  Brooke Snow is giving away one seat for free in her Advanced Pro Photography Workshop.  And to be eligible to win we needed to explain why we would like to attend and how it would help my photography journey!

1 comment:

Brooke Snow Photography said...

Thanks so much for posting! I loved reading through this! I totally related to your Canada experience. I served a mission myself in Canada and my family came to pick me up and the pictures... oh the pictures. All of which of course were film, but the place was stunning.

So glad that you're loving photography!

And your post above made me smile. Pricing, pricing pricing. The constant challenge :) Good luck! You, btw, should definitely be charging :)